Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The fun part..

Next came the fun part, actually getting to put down the wood floor.  I started mid-week with the finish nailer getting the first few rows put in and cutting in around the grate.
Thursday night I picked up the flooring Stapler.  I ended up taking Friday off to get my car registered ( I had to go up to Georgtown which is 20 miles the wrong way from work) and work on the floor.  With the flooring stapler things really started moving.  Our new roomate Nick stopped by to help a few times that weekend and with the two of us we managed to get most of the up-stairs completed.



Custom threshold piece for the exterior door from the bedroom.

Now we are really making some progress.
Finished floor in the master bedroom.


I ended up changing the direction of the flooring for the hallway and above the stairs to compensate for the stairwell and stairs not being even close to square with the walls in the rest of the room.

Detail around the gas fireplace hearth.
Here is the finished bedroom, all that is left is to complete the trim.


No comments:

Post a Comment