Thursday, May 9, 2013

Three of my favorite things...

Last weekend Natalie headed off on a trip for work leaving me home to my own devices.... I made the most of the situation.

I started the day off with a couple hours on the mtn bike down the road at the Centennial Cone open space park.  18 miles of sweet, sweet single-track that was perfectly tacky from the recent snow.



On my way back to the house I stopped by the store and picked up a rack of ribs. After cleaning out the grill..it's been overdue for awhile.. I got some applewood smoke rolling and loaded up the ribs.  I spent the afternoon cutting the rest of the dovetails for the shaker step stool that I am working on while checking the ribs every half hour to apply the bourbon mop.



Just in time for dinner I finished up the dovetails and got the two sides glued up and in the clamps. After two hours of smoke the ribs spent another hour wrapped in foil and then onto the plate with some smoked sweet potato mash and leftover Thai past salad.


2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome day. It's been 8 years (my twins' age) since I had a whole day completely to myself, but I do remember them and would have done much as you did. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite like a pure "guy" day. :)

    ReplyDelete