Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cherry Bookcase Part II

Along with the rest of this fall's adventures I did finally manage to complete the bookcase and get it finished.

I am quite pleased with the end result.  The client decided she liked the solid skirt so I ended up leaving it as it was.

The finish is a coat of amber shellac to give it a slightly warmer tone and then a few coats of laquer.

This was my first time spraying laquer and it went well.  Once I got the viscosity correct it went on well and I was able to get a finished surface off the gun.

I was particularly please with how the mitered corners on the skirt came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment