Sunday, August 14, 2011

Walls and doors...

The first big project to tackle was building a wall to divide the second floor into a bedroom and a living room instead of one gigantic bedroom. Seeing as I don't really do moderation well I decided that french doors would be a great way to learn how to hang doors.

Somehow we managed to get from the mess above to reasonably well hung set of doors. There was some creating shiming to provide something to attach some existing drywall that had to be cut back and to get something to nail the header into. Turns out the ceiling joists run paralell to the wall and I wasn't lucky enough to be right under one.

Sooo... the drywall got off to bit of a rough start. Luckily I have alot of spackle and hope I am better at that the cutting drywall.

The bedroom side of the wall, notice the extra stud on the left that was added after the previous pictures were taken. Kinda forgot about that one, fortunatly I rememered it before I had drywall on that side of the wall.

There...those gapping cracks don't look so bad anymore. Seems like it is going to be pretty easy to match the skip-trowel patter on the extisting wall too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment